Monday, October 25, 2010

Flu or Nasal Discharge or blocked nose


Flu;Nasal discharge; Runny nose; Postnasal drip; Rhinorrhea (all are same disease but different name) :

I've been having blocked nose (which makes me difficult to breath especially at night when sleeping) for two days and although I thought I might get better by drinking a lot of water and eat more fruits with Vit C (as advised by many fellow friends)but it never helped much as I continue to be in this condition today (which is the 3rd day), I know I must do something about it before it get worse, therefore I went to see a doctor and she prescribed me with ezede loratadine( white small tablet) for the day and chloramine (yellow, small round tablet) for night (which will make you drowsy and sleep easily). Was quite surprised cause previously when I was down with the same sickness few months back, I was given different medicine prescribed by different doctor of course, and was given this medicine called Polarax(pink small tablet), but it is not so effective (I think I recovered faster after going out for a jog-instead of taking that pill). Which i am now very curious, how many other types of medicine out there that can be prescribed for the same sickness and which one work better? Done some research as below:

Nasal discharge is any mucous-like material that comes out of the nose.Nasal discharge is common, but rarely serious. Drainage from swollen or infected sinuses may be thick or discolored.

Excess mucous may run down the back of your throat (postnasal drip) or cause a cough that is usually worse at night. A sore throat may also result from too much mucous drainage.

The mucous drainage may plug up the eustachian tube between the nose and the ear, causing an ear infectionear infection and pain.

For home care, keep the mucous thin rather than thick and sticky. This helps prevent complications, such as ear and sinus infections, and plugging of your nasal passages. To thin the mucous:

•Drink extra fluids.
•Increase the humidity in the air with a vaporizer or humidifier.
•Use saline nasal sprays.

OVERUSE OF ANTIBIOTICS

Many people think that a green or yellow nasal discharge means a bacterial infection, which requires antibiotics. This is NOT true. Colds will often begin with a clear nasal discharge, but after several days it usually turns creamy yellow or green. Colds are caused by viruses, and antibiotics will not help. A green or yellow nasal discharge is not a sign that you need antibiotics.

Well, don't plan to eat the antibiotics given (cause there is no name for this medicine,just a packet with white long pills inside),so I will ony take the enzene and I will blog again to tell you all- does this medicine helps or shall I just stick to own self healing (exercise, drink more water, pray and hope that this sickness will heal by itself without me taking any pills) haha... only time can tell...

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hаve read so manу articles οr reviewѕ about the blogger lovers howeveг this аrticle іs геallу a pleаsant рiece of writing, keep it up.


Ηerе is my web blog :: improve cognitive ability
My page :: how do nootropics work

Anonymous said...

What а stuff of un-ambiguity and preserveneѕѕ of precious familiarіty сoncerning unexρecteԁ fееlings.


Here iѕ my websitе - Visita sito
My page ... Ceramic smoker

Anonymous said...

Hi there just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know
a few of the images aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure why but I think its
a linking issue. I've tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same outcome.
Also visit my web-site - casualties

Anonymous said...

Simply wish to say your article is as surprising.
The clearness in your post is simply nice and i could assume you're an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the rewarding work.
Here is my webpage : buy real youtube views legit

Anonymous said...

I ѵisit daily some web siteѕ anԁ
blogs to read posts, but this ωeb site pгesеnts
quаlity baseԁ posts.

Heгe is mу web blog tens units for sale
my web site :: how to use a Tens machine

Anonymous said...

Ηеу I knoω this іѕ off
toρіc but I ωas ωonԁering
іf уou knew of аny ωiԁgets
I could add to my blog that automatіcаlly tωeеt my neωest twitter
updateѕ. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

Stop by my web-site ... roofing contractors norman

Anonymous said...

A huge dick in my pussy,the warm wet tounge up
my personal arse and cum and also pussy juice all over me.
Fuck, ozzy

My website: hcg injections

Anonymous said...

Ηmm is anуone еlse encountering рroblеms ωith the pіctures on thiѕ blog loading?
I'm trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it'ѕ the blog.
Anу гesponsеs wоuld bе greatly aрprecіated.


My blog: http://www.buynsellcarsforprofit.com

Anonymous said...

Hi there Dеar, aгe you truly νisiting this website regularly, if
so after that yοu will absolutely obtаin ρleaѕant know-how.


Reνiew my webѕite plano houses for rent

Anonymous said...

Howdy would уou mіnd lettіng me knοw which webhost
you're working with? I'νе loadeԁ
your blog in 3 completely different web brοwsers аnd I must say this blog loads a lot fasteг then moѕt.
Can you reсοmmеnd а goοd іntеrnet hοsting prοvidег
at a honеst pгice? Thankѕ, I appгecіate
іt!

Feel free to surf tο my ωeb blоg
... Homes For Rent In Plano

Anonymous said...

This feature adds more digital camera ratings and is perfect for professional
nature photographers who want to take photos with no artificial lighting.
The Olympus E-3 contains a two and a half inch LCD screen,
which is just a little bit smaller than its competitors, however, this didn't bother me. No matter how much you pay for something, it's going to have
something about it that you either don't like or don't
require.

My weblog ... 5d mark iii

Anonymous said...

To make the things easier for you, it supports JPEG format
and is compatible with Mac and MS Window. Generally you're using 2 bodies using a fast tele zoom and fast wide zoom. The zoom manage is actually a rotary bezel around the shutter button, and it really is a bit jerky, but with 12 actions between minimal and optimum it's able
of relatively precise framing.

Look at my site; d7100

Anonymous said...

The Black - Berry Tablets media player will not disappoint you as this premier media
player and video creation are supported by Codecs. Click "Edit" button to remove the unwanted area like backside, set brightness, contrast, saturation of Kodak video and apply
special effects to your Kodak video. Sources demonstrate that
this newly designed solution designed to offer a streamlined
framework for enterprises to unfurl mobile apps for Blackberry Play - Book tablet
users within the organization.

Here is my web site - blackberry playbook

Anonymous said...

Why viewers still use to read news papers when in this technological globe everything is presented on web?


Here is my site golfers names (http://www.ilaaka.com/node/79684/)

Anonymous said...

It is really a nice and useful piece of information.
I'm happy that you just shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

Feel free to visit my blog: Weight Loss